Home / News /

Radstock men sentenced for drugs offences


Two Radstock men have been sentenced to two years and two months imprisonment each for drugs offences after being caught by undercover operatives.

Robert Stevens, 35 and 24 year old Matthew Mason were both caught in operations that focused on the supply of Class A drugs in pubs and nightclubs in Midsomer Norton and the surrounding areas.

Robert Stevens

Robert Stevens

On the 7th November 2013, two undercover operatives were deployed to Midsomer Norton. Both went to a pub and met a woman who knew Stevens. They were told that he would be able to supply them with cocaine and that they could meet him at another pub nearby. They then met him that same night and he sold them cocaine.

The following evening, operatives attended another pub in Midsomer Norton known to be frequented by Stevens. When he arrived, an operative made conversation with him, enquiring about purchasing cocaine. Over the course of the following month the operatives attended the same pub, and regular drug related conversations with Stevens took place.

Stevens was arrested on Thursday 17th April 2014. He appeared in court on Monday 20th October 2014 and pleaded guilty to one count of supplying cocaine and two counts of offering to supply cocaine.

Matthew Mason was caught by Police in the same operation.

Matthew Mason

Matthew Mason

On Saturday 15th February 2014, undercover operatives went to a public house in Midsomer Norton and introduced themselves to two men. Conversations relating to drugs were initiated and then the question of procuring cocaine was raised. One of the males rang Matthew Mason, requesting to purchase cocaine as requested by the operatives. That evening, Matthew Mason arrived at the pub and delivered cocaine to the operatives. During the transaction, the operatives were able to save Mason’s mobile number.

On Saturday 8th March 2014, an operative rang Mason and briefly, to familiarise, reflected on the drug deal that occurred on the 15th February. The operative made a second request for cocaine and they decided on a meeting point. At around 7pm, in a car park, the operatives met with Mason to conclude the deal. A similar transaction also occurred on Friday 14th March 2014.

Matthew Mason was arrested at his home on Thursday 17th April 2014. During a search of his property, a bag of cocaine was recovered.

On 17th October 2014 Mason pleaded guilty to three offences of possession with intent to supply cocaine and pleaded guilty to one account of possession of the drug. He was sentenced to 2 years and 2 months imprisonment and ordered to pay £120 in victim surcharge.



You can be the first one to leave a comment.


Leave a Comment